Vacancy: Student-assistant ARTECHNE project
Scientific field: History of Art and Science
Hours: 12 hours per week
Education: (Research) Master student, Faculty of Humanities
Employer: Utrecht University, Faculty of Humanities
Main location: Drift 15, Utrecht
Job term: 11 September 2017 – 15 January 2018
Salary: €2.251 per month, based on full-time employment
Closing date: 1 July 2017
Scheduled interview date: 7 July 2017
You will work as a research assistant within the project ‘Technique in the Arts: Practices, Concepts, Expertise (1500-1950)’. This project is funded by the European Research Council, by way of a Consolidator Grant awarded to principal investigator (P.I.) Prof. dr. Sven Dupré. This project undertakes the experimental reconstruction of historical recipes to open the black box of the transmission of technique in the visual and decorative arts. Considering ‘technique’ as a textual, material and social practice, the team members will write a long-term history of the theory and practice of the study of ‘technique’ in the visual and decorative arts between 1500 and 1950.
You will perform a variety of project related supportive, administrative and organizational tasks:
• Communication activities such as maintaining the ARTECHNE website and social media accounts;
• The organization of workshops, conferences and monthly Technical Art History colloquia;
• Providing administrative support to the P.I.;
• Editing of publications;
• Supporting the Digital Humanities component of the project.
The successful candidate:
• is a registered UU (Research) Master student at preferably the Faculty of Humanities;
• is available from 11 September 2017 – 15 January 2018, preferably on Mondays;
• has excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch;
• has proven experience with event organization;
• is familiar with (project) administration;
• has the ability to work independently and as a member of an international research team;
• Affinity with conservation, restauration and/or the history of art and/or science is an advantage.
You will be based at Utrecht University and will as such also be part of the department History and Art History, Section Art History, and the Descartes Centre for the History and Philosophy of the Sciences and the Humanities (office at Drift 15). More information on the project: www.artechne.nl. If you have any queries concerning the vacancy, please contact the ARTECHNE project coordinator Jill Briggeman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should send a curriculum vitae and a short motivation (max. 250 words) to email@example.com. The application deadline is 1 July 2017.
Download the vacancy here