Vacancy: Student Assistant to the Director of Research (Department of History and Art History) (0.2 fte)
Utrecht University is looking for a Student Assistant to the Director of Research, Prof.dr. Sven Dupré, at the Department of History and Art History (0.2), to start on 1 October 2021 for 6 months. The position can be prolonged depending upon positive evaluation and your continued registration as a student. You are expected to be available for 8hrs per week.
Description of the tasks
As Student Assistant, you will assist the director of research with diverse organizational, educational and research related tasks, such as:
- Assisting with various research-related tasks:
- Gathering and printing/scanning articles and/or archival materials;
- Assisting with literature studies/desk research;
- Editorial tasks (gathering image permissions, creating bibliographies and/or indexes for publications, and more);
- Maintaining website and social media;
- And other organizational and administrative tasks
Profile and Qualifications
- You are registered as a (R)MA student for the academic year 2021-22 (at least until the end of your contract after 6 months of the starting date, 1 October);
- You are a student in History or Art History, or (in case you study another field in the humanities), have a proven affinity with History or Art History;
- You have a proactive attitude and are pragmatic;
- You can handle confidential information discreetly;
- You have a fluent command of written and spoken English and preferably Dutch;
- You have the capacity to work in a diligent and reliable way;
- You can work independently and as part of a team;
- You are flexible and are good at managing your time.
How to apply?
Please send your letter of motivation (max. 1 page) and curriculum vitae to email@example.com before 26 August 2021. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed (online, via Teams) on Monday 30 August or Tuesday 31 August.