VACANCY: Student Assistant to the Director of Research (Prof. dr. Sven Dupré) at the Department of History and Art History (0.2 fte)
Utrecht University is looking for a Student Assistant to the Director of Research, Prof. dr. Sven Dupré, at the Department of History and Art History (0.2 fte), to start on 1 September 2020 for 6 months. The position can be prolonged depending upon positive evaluation and your continued registration as a student. You are expected to be available for 8hrs per week.
Description of the tasks
As a Student Assistant, you will assist Prof. dr. Sven Dupré with diverse organizational, educational, and research-related tasks, among others, in the context of his research projects ARTECHNE and Art DATIS. The various tasks include:
- Organizing meetings, symposia, and conferences;
- Gathering and printing/scanning articles and/or archival materials;
- Assisting with literature studies/desk research;
- Editorial tasks (gathering image permissions, creating bibliographies and/or indexes for publications, and more);
- Maintaining the website and social media;
- Other organizational and administrative tasks.
Profile and Qualifications:
- You are registered as an (R)MA student for the academic year 2020-21 (at least until the end of your contract after 6 months of the starting date, 1 September);
- You are a student in History and/or Art History, or (in case you study another field in the humanities) have a proven affinity with History and/or Art History;
- You have a proactive attitude and are pragmatic;
- You can handle confidential information discreetly;
- You have a fluent command of written and spoken English and preferably Dutch;
- You have the capacity to work in a diligent and reliable way;
- You can work independently and as part of a team;
- You are flexible and are good at managing your time.
How to apply?
Please send your letter of motivation (max. 1 page) and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 7 July 2020. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed (online, via Teams) on Monday 20 July.